How To Remove Makeup From Carpet. Even if you only wear makeup when you have to, you’ve probably gotten a makeup stain on your clothes. Many know one or two ways to clean up makeup, but what do you do if you get makeup on your carpet? Of course, you use the helpful housekeeping guides in The Maids’ library!
We’ve cleaned thousands of homes, so we know how to eliminate carpet stains, dirt, and dust. You can rely on our professional guides if you like to do things yourself. If you need help around the house, our cleaning experts are just around the corner.
How to Remove Foundation From Carpet
Foundation comes in powder and liquid forms, so you’ll need to know how to get both types out of the carpet. Liquid foundation is often made of oil, so you’ll need a stain remover to break down the fat and clean the carpet fibers.
Here’s how to get the liquid foundation out of carpets:
- Pour baking soda on the stain, and allow it to soak up the extra.
- Use a butter knife to scrape off the baking soda, and keep doing this until most of the paint is gone.
- Please don’t soak the area with hair spray, but spray it on the makeup stain.
- Use your fingers to fluff the carpet to get the hair spray deep into the fibers, then wait five minutes for the threads to soak it up.
- Dab the stain with a damp microfiber cloth. The hair spray should take off the make-up.
- To remove the stain and hair spray, rinse the area with a wet dishcloth. Let the carpet dry in the air.
Powder foundation isn’t as thick and sticky as liquid foundation, so it can be easier to clean powdered makeup off the carpet. This is what you do:
- Set your vacuum to its highest setting and vacuum up any extra foundation.
- In a spray bottle, combine a few drops of liquid dish soap with water.
- Use the soapy solution to soak up the makeup stain.
- Use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe off the foundation and soapy water.
- Use a clean, wet dishcloth to clean the spot, and let the carpet dry naturally.
You may need more power if the above methods don’t work to get a foundation stain out of the carpet. Pour enough hydrogen peroxide on the color to cover it, then place a damp dishcloth over it. Let the answer operate on the stain for five minutes, then wipe it off with a wet cloth.
How to Remove Eyeshadow From Carpet
It may seem harder to learn how to get makeup off the carpet, like mascara, than it is to get makeup off other surfaces. You could be using pressed powder, loose powder, cream, or some other type of eye shadow. Dish soap works pretty well to eliminate all of them, though.
Here’s how to remove eyeshadow from the carpet:
- Use a hand vac to get the powdery eyeshadow off the rug and a butter knife to get the liquid eyeshadow off.
- Combine a few drops of liquid dish soap with warm water in a bowl.
- Use soapy water to wet a clean cloth and gently dab the stain.
- As the stain is removed, move to different parts of the fabric.
- Keep wiping the makeup stain with your cleaning cloth until the color stops transferring to the material.
If the eye shadow is made with oil, you may need to do something else to get the stain out. Place some fall of hydrogen peroxide on the color, wait 60 seconds, and then press down on the area with a dry cloth to soak up the peroxide and makeup.
Read Also: Does Steam Cleaning Remove Odors?
How To Get Mascara Out Of Carpets
Even though there aren’t as many kinds of mascara as eyeshadow, there is a big difference between water-based and oil-based mascara. Greasy makeup stains are harder to remove, but water-based makeup is easy to clean with soap and water.
Here’s how to get rid of mascara that contains water from your carpet:
- Mix some drops of dish soap with water in a spray bottle.
- Soak the stain with the solution, then let it sit for five minutes.
- Utilize a damp microfiber cloth to brush away the leftover soap and mascara.
- Use a wet dishcloth to clean the area, then let it dry naturally.
For oil-based mascara, you can use rubbing alcohol:
- Use rubbing alcohol to soak up the stain from the mascara.
- Utilize a clean, dry cloth to blot the stain.
- Use clean cloth parts to keep blotting until no more color can be absorbed.
- Rinse the place with a wet cloth, and vacuum it when the carpet is dry.
How do you know if the ingredients in your mascara are oil or water? If the mascara says it won’t run when it gets wet, it’s probably made from petroleum. You can also look at the list of ingredients and look for hyaluronic acid or paraffin. If either is in the mascara, it is made with oils.
How to Remove Lipstick From Carpet
We’re not sure, but we believe they began making lipstick in square coils because so many makeup mistakes happened! When the cap is off, round lipstick has a bad habit of rolling off a surface and landing on the floor or carpet.
If you want to know where to get lipstick out of the carpet, you need a solution that breaks down the greasy parts. Your stain cleanser must also be powerful enough to eliminate lipstick’s bright colors.
Here’s how to use the cleaning power of vinegar to get lipstick out of the carpet:
- Use a butter knife to scrape away extra lipstick in a gentle way.
- Working from the outside, avoid spreading the stain or pushing the lipstick deeper into the carpet.
- Mix a tablespoon of white vinegar, a few drops of liquid dish soap, and warm water in a bowl.
- Put the cleaning solution on a microfiber cloth, wring it out, and dab the stain.
- As the paint is absorbed, move to clean parts of your material and keep doing this until no more color is absorbed.
- Use a wet cloth to clean the area, then let the carpet dry.
If the smell of vinegar is powerful for you, you’ll be happy to know that it and the smell will go away as the carpet dries. If you can’t wait that long, add a drop or two of your favorite essential oil to the mixture to mask the smell of vinegar.
We want our guide on how to get makeup out of carpet helps, but if the stain is still there after you’ve tried these things, you might want to call a professional carpet cleaner. The Maids will make your life easier no matter what kind of cleaning you need. Find out what variance we can create in your home by getting a free online estimate for one of our famous house cleaning services today.